There’s a fun, unknown element to making a viral recipe, especially if the dish is just two main ingredients and comes together in 20 minutes, like two-ingredient cheesy potato bread.
This two-ingredient cheesy potato bread went viral on TikTok last year and has thousands of recreations from content creators and foodies.
This recipe has over 1.2 million views on a Tiktok Cook Vegetarian account, but most people weren’t too happy to discover that the two-ingredient cheese potato bread recipe actually consisted of five to seven ingredients.
The technicality is the bread, the dough only has two ingredients. A tip is to prepare the potatoes in advance and make sure the potatoes are cooked and mashed, they don’t necessarily have to be chilled.
Either way, most of these ingredients are pantry-friendly and the recipe is simple to make.
‘Two Ingredient’ Cheese Potato Bread
- 1 cup of natural yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 cooked potatoes, mashed
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- melted butter, for brushing
- fresh parsley, to garnish
WATCH: “Two Ingredient” Viral Cheese Potato Bread.
@cookvegetarian 2 INGREDIENT FLAT BREAD POTATO CHEESE would you try it? #bread #vegetarian #vegetarianrecipe #easyrecipe #quickrecipes ♬ original sound – Cook Vegetarian
ALSO TRY: Recipe of the Day: Creamy Garlic Shrimp with Naan Bread
- Make the dough. In a bowl combine the yogurt and the flour. Form into a ball and knead until smooth, this won’t take long.
- Make the filling by combing the mashed potatoes with cheese and seasonings.
- Divide the dough into 2 parts.
- Roll out each part into a 1 cm thick circle. Add half of the filling to the middle and gather the edges of the dough around the filling, pinching to seal. Twist and stretch into a disc shape.
- Fry it on both sides until golden on medium-high heat or put it in the oven for 10 minutes at 180ºC.
- Brush with melted butter and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy immediately!
This recipe can be found on the Vegetarian Cook Instagram page.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Recipe of the day: Delicious cakes to make throughout the week