With all the festive season celebrations we’ve been enjoying, it’s very likely that meat has been on many menus. Try this vegetarian lasagna with spinach for something different to eat today.
You will need:
- 500 g of spinach
- 500 ml of white sauce
- 8 sheets of lasagna
- A little salt and black pepper
- 500 ml of cheddar or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100 g of feta cheese
- 1 can of 410 g chopped and peeled tomatoes with a mixture of herbs
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
2. Blanch the spinach for 3 – 4 minutes until wilted.
3. Drain and cool under cold running water.
4. Drain the excess water from the spinach, place it on a kitchen towel and wring out the remaining water.
5. Chop the spinach.
6. Add the feta and mix well.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. To assemble, start with a layer of white sauce in a saucepan, then layer lasagna sheets, then spinach, then chopped and peeled tinned tomato with herb mixture.
9. Continue alternating layers until all ingredients are used.
10. Finish by sprinkling with the cheese.
11. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 40 minutes.
12. When it is well cooked, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before serving it with a fresh salad.
This recipe was found on the Rhodes Quality website via Pinterest.
READ NEXT: Three recipes you can try with ingredients you already have