HSC NSW: UAC apologizes for fake rejection letter sent to 13,000 students

The Center for University Admissions has been forced to apologize to about 13,000 NSW students who were incorrectly told they had been denied entry to a university course.

The organization blamed a system error for a rejection email sent Thursday to thousands of students who said they didn’t get a place.

Those who received the letter did not secure a place on a course in the December round of offers, but could receive a university offer in the January round, according to the correspondence.

UAC apologized to students in a follow-up email informing them of the error.

“Please disregard the email you received today saying your application was unsuccessful. It was sent in error,” the Admissions Center said.

“Not all institutions make offers in December 2nd round… Some institutions wait until January 1st round. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and please contact us if you need assistance” .

The incorrect rejection email comes just two weeks after this year’s HSC results were released early.

The NSW Education Standards Authority (Nesa) released a link to some students’ results five days before they were officially released on December 15.

“For a short period this morning, some students were able to access a preliminary set of HSC 2022 results,” a spokesperson said on 10 December.

“Nesa is investigating the cause of the issue and sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused.”

Originally published as fake rejection letter reaches 13,000 HSC students

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *