US forces captured six IS militants in a series of helicopter strikes in eastern Syria over the past 48 hours, the Central Command (CENTCOM) announced on Tuesday.
The captured terrorists include al-Zubaydi, whom CENTCOM describes as a senior official in the Islamic State of Syria province involved in orchestrating attacks in Syria.
“These partner operations reaffirm CENTCOM’s steadfast commitment to the region and the lasting defeat of ISIS,” said CENTCOM’s commanding general. Michael “Erik” Kurilla said in a statement.
“The capture of these ISIS operatives will disrupt the terrorist organization’s ability to continue plotting and carrying out destabilizing attacks.”
BIDEN SAYS ISIS LEADER KILLED IN US SPECIAL OPERATIONS RAID IN SYRIA
About 900 US troops are still stationed in Syria, partnering with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces and other allied groups in operations against IS.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Two SDF fighters were injured in one of the raids. There were no civilian deaths or injuries, according to an initial CENTCOM assessment.
A US helicopter strike in eastern Syria killed two ISIS militants earlier this month.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.