Doctors find a USB charging cable inside the child’s stomach

A 15-year-old boy baffled doctors when he walked into a hospital with a USB charging cable mysteriously lodged in his gut.

The boy, from Turkey, was quickly taken in by his family after complaining of nausea and stomach pains.

An x-ray quickly revealed the plastic-coated nightmare awaiting digestion.

He was thrown into an ambulance and transferred to the Firat University Hospital – about three hours away – where a team of specialists was ready to help find a way to relieve the child’s pain.

Pediatric gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan ordered an endoscope procedure to rid the child of the wire.

When it arrived, the head of the pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition department, Professor Dogan, and his team got rid of the foreign object after performing an endoscopy procedure.

“Obviously it was difficult for us to get the wire out because one end of the wire had gone into the small intestine,” Dogan said.

After the coiled cord, which was 91 cm long, was finally removed, a hair tie was also discovered inside the child.

It is still unclear how or why he consumed the items.

“After the successful completion of the procedure, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dogan added.

This article originally appeared in the New York Post and is reproduced with permission.

Originally published as Doctors unexpected find inside a child’s stomach

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *