Doctors find a USB charging cable inside the child’s stomach

A 15-year-old boy baffled doctors when he walked into a hospital with a USB charging cable — apparently to fit both phones and headphones — somehow lodged in his gut.

The boy, from Diyarbakir, Turkey, was rushed by his family after complaining of nausea and stomach pains. An x-ray quickly revealed the plastic-coated nightmare awaiting digestion.

He was thrown into an ambulance and transferred – about three hours away – to the Firat University Hospital in Elazig where a specialist was going to crack the loader-dectomy.

Pediatric gastroenterologist Yasar Dogan ordered an endoscope procedure to rid the child of the wire.

When it arrived, the head of the pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition department, Professor Dogan, and his team got rid of the foreign object after performing an endoscopy procedure.

“Obviously it was difficult for us to get the wire out because one end of the wire had gone into the small intestine,” Dogan said.

After finally removing the coiled cord from the teenager, then found to be three feet long, a hair tie was also discovered inside the boy.

It is still unclear how or why he consumed the items.

“After the successful completion of the procedure, the patient was sent home in good health,” Dogan added.

This article originally appeared in the New York Post and is reproduced with permission.

Originally Posted as Doctors find USB charging cable inside child’s stomach

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *