If you’re looking to spice things up around your Christmas table this year, this chocolate recipe is a delicious chocolate twist on an old favourite.
Lazy Makoti’s chocolate recipe only takes about 25 minutes to prepare, leaving you plenty of time to relax and bond with your family.
Quick and easy chocolate recipe
- 2 cups of ready-made custard
- 100 g of dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 400g Woolworths Triple Chocolate Brownies
- 3 T of coffee
- One cup Amarula liqueur, plus 1 T for soaking the brownies
- 250g Woolworths Chuckles
- 2 cups of cream
- 25 g of icing sugar
- 1 pack of Woolworths Berry Meringue Kisses
- 160 g of raspberries
- 1 280g packet of Woolworths Chocolate Sauce
- Woolworths edible gold dust, for decoration
SEE ALSO: Countdown to Christmas: Mince Pie Recipe with a South African twist
- Put the cream and chocolate in a saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the chocolate has completely melted. Cover the surface with cling film, then refrigerate.
- Place the brownies in the bottom of a bowl and mix the coffee with 1 T Amarula. Drizzle all over the brownies. Using a rolling pin or pan, gently tap the Chuckles a few times to crush them a bit, then sprinkle about three-quarters over the brownies. Spread the chilled chocolate cream on top, then add a layer of chocolate sauce before covering and chilling.
- Combine the cream and remaining Amarula in a bowl. Sift in the icing sugar, then beat until soft peaks form. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, give the cream a quick stir, then spoon it over the chocolate sauce layer. Scatter over the crushed last laughs, raspberries and meringues, and dust with gold dust.
* This recipe was found on taste.co.za.